Geesje Kwak (2021)

Corne_Akkers

geesje-kwak-07-07-21-(2500-x-3147).jpg

Geesje Kwak (2021)

Now a clothed female for a change. This one is the famous dutch artist Breitner's kimono girl model. I painted her as a homage to the man, using a reference picture he took of her in 1893 but never used for one of his own paintings. Visit my page to read the complete story.

Oil painting on wood panel (96.8 x 77 x 0.9 cm)

Artist: Corné Akkers

Absolutely LOVE the patterning in the dress here. Everything else is extraordinary too. ❤️

Stunning! It's amazing to me that the low-poly(?) areas work perfectly well with the rest of the painting, her face even appearing "soft" despite the angularity. Magic! This is the most exciting painting I've seen in a while - thanks for sharing!

Stunning! It's amazing to me that the low-poly(?) areas work perfectly well with the rest of the painting, her face even appearing "soft" despite the angularity. Magic! This is the most exciting painting I've seen in a while - thanks for sharing!
You're welcome. The idea was to use only straight structures and make people believe it to be 'real'. Only my monogram is round. I even did the pupils straight :)
Beautifully painted - I love that kimono

Beautiful all around. The kimono is so delicate and the background adds to the picture. You do amazing work.

Beautiful work. Love all the patterns. You've made the kimono look so soft amd realistic, even with all those straight lines and angles. Clever stuff.

Back