Geesje Kwak and the Secret of the Universe – 28-06-22

Corne_Akkers

geesje-kwak-and-the-secret-of-the-universe-28-06-22-(2022)-(3516-x-2500).jpg

After the last one here's another one of her.

Visit my page to read the complete story.

Oil painting on wood panel (85 x 120 x 0.9 cm)

Artist: Corné Akkers

Attachments

• geesje-kwak-and-the-secret-of-the-universe-28-06-22-(2022)-(3516-x-2500).jpg
    geesje-kwak-and-the-secret-of-the-universe-28-06-22-(2022)-(3516-x-2500).jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 23
This has a nice mystical feel. The detail work on your patterns is impressive! Very beautiful work.

Absolutely wonderful. We were just talking about magic realism and this is a beautiful example. Or is it surrealism? I'm still a bit unsure about the difference. This article helps explain it but even art historians have a difficult time discerning the difference and they overlap. Perhaps the easiest way is to compare paintings of the two styles. Magic realism here and Surrealism here.

Regardless, this is a wonderful work, thanks for sharing and your website is very well done and written. Enjoyed reading about the creation of this and I had never heard of "roundism" before. Interesting.

I like the motion effect of the face. That glowing orb is awesome. Beautifully done.

Absolutely wonderful. We were just talking about magic realism and this is a beautiful example. Or is it surrealism? I'm still a bit unsure about the difference. This article helps explain it but even art historians have a difficult time discerning the difference and they overlap. Perhaps the easiest way is to compare paintings of the two styles. Magic realism here and Surrealism here.

Regardless, this is a wonderful work, thanks for sharing and your website is very well done and written. Enjoyed reading about the creation of this and I had never heard of "roundism" before. Interesting.
That is only how you regard it. For no particular reason I associate surrealism with phenomena like parodeilia and ambiguous image. Perhaps my art work in this particular case is best classified as magical realism but I hate to put tags on art works. That's the task bestowed upon art historians. We artists just like to invent stuff and fool around, no matter what category you can squeeze it in.

Back