Garlic Pot ~ last painting of 2022

KreativeK

Garlic Pot.jpg

10x8 acrylics on canvas finished today, a three day or so effort of painting a white subject still life set up in my kitchen. As the last painting of 2022, maybe a little garlic flavor will usher in a new beginning and end the old year. A handmade ceramic backsplash is seen in the background while the little ceramic pot and lid sit on our chocolate brown granite counter-top. The garlic pot was too small to hold the large bulb so cloves had to be pulled apart. *Have a happy new year everyone!
C&C welcome!

Don't think I've seen your acrylic painting before Kay, really good!

Happy new year here's to a creative and inspiring year.

That's a beauty, Kay! I never noticed before how the end of a garlic bulb looks a little like a zinnia ... but who can blame it for wanting to be included with the flowers?

Nice one Kay! I didn't know you also painted with acrylics - are you new to acrylics, or just something you don't do that often?

I am not surprised with your multiple talents that you are able to handle acrylics so deftly. Sorry I didn't comment sooner, as this is really well done. I have so many painting projects I want to do and every day something seems to "interfere". (The last several days it has "warmed up" into the 40s and 50s, so we did some outdoor activities. A week ago we we clearing snow in sub-zero temps.)

How you manage to do so much quality work is astounding. Do you ever sleep? ;) The garlic is spot on; we have fresh chopped garlic daily.

WOW! This is most excellent. That pot is so impressive, it's not even funny. (I am not laughing.) This is a true masterfully done work Kay! ♥️

It's beautiful Kay, lovely light and shadow and I like the rich colours.

Back