fountain pen and alcohol marker

mbeckett

i did this one on the weekend and forgot to post here. still working on making CS part of my morning online "art stroll"!

this is becoming a favorite combination of media for me, although i find alcohol marker is a pain to work with. you have to work so fast to get decent blending. ah well, there's lots of different color media options that should work with fountain pen i can experiment with in the future. but for now, there's still things to discover with this combination. :)

alcohol marker, fountain pen, white acrylic ink and a bit of metallic marker for the chain she is wearing (doesn't show up in the scan unfortunately) on 6 x 9" Bristol Vellum.

facetasticfriday 2021-10-15.jpg

Lovely... Thanks for the heads up. Dang, I was drinking alcohol and then I couldn't find my marker or remember what I wanted it for. 😇

haha... i was going to put some bad alcohol pun in the title, but thought i showed good restraint not to. thanks for filling that gap!

thank you! :)

What a beautiful smile you captured! Just the right amount of hatching. I am not at all familiar with alcohol ink, but the colors look great here. Good stuff!
this is becoming a favorite combination of media for me, although i find alcohol marker is a pain to work with. you have to work so fast to get decent blending. ah well, there's lots of different color media options that should work with fountain pen i can experiment with in the future...

I haven't experimented much, but color pencils generally seem to be plenty translucent for using with ink.

What a beautiful smile you captured! Just the right amount of hatching. I am not at all familiar with alcohol ink, but the colors look great here. Good stuff!

I haven't experimented much, but color pencils generally seem to be plenty translucent for using with ink.
thanks! colored pencil over alcohol marker is a tried and true technique, but i think i'll keep my fountain pens away from the CP... i don't imagine that waxy stuff will be good for my pen nibs. :)

Omg, this is fabulous! The palette, the posture, the beautiful smile- and your inkwork is just inspired. Wow!

Makes me smile just to look at it. 😀

Back