Recent Pen and Ink

ams

I have been playing around with Pen and Ink recently and I am enjoying it very much. These are done with a Sakura Micron Pen (usually 005 or 01) in a Canson XL Mix Media Sketchbook. I like the texture of this paper for pen and ink. It's not quite as smooth as Bristol or Hot Press but not as textured as watercolor paper either. It's somewhere in the middle, similar to a vellum. It allows me to lightly brush across the paper and make light marks when I just want a hint of ink. Most of the references are from Pixabay.

Lion

20220801Sk7 Lion-Ink (27707, Pixabay).png

Vizla
20220803Sk7 Vizla (Vizlafotozas, Pixabay).png

Peony
20220810Sk7 Peony-Ink (fietzfotos, Pixabay).jpg

20220815Sk7 Puppy (Pixabay).png

Love these Anne. The last dog is beautiful :) Thanks for the paper review too - I'm still trying to find one I'm happy with for pen and ink - I tried Bristol board and really didn't like it, so I've been using hot press.

Reactions: ams
So beautiful, all of them! These are my favorite pens to use too. You have handled them so well. Excellent work here. ♥️

Reactions: ams
All of them are wonderful. I really like the Visla. The fur and the looseness around the neck are great and the character of the eye is perfect.

These are great and I too, favor that last little dog. Good stuff. ❤️

Back