Fly away

tanjaf

Hello
this is based on a foto I took in Riva di Solto in Northern Italy.
I painted this with Sennelier Water Colors on Winsor & Newton Watercolor Paper (cotton, cold pressed), 9*12''

IMG_5311.JPG

Your inputs / c&c are very welcome. Thanks a lot for looking.

Cheers
Tanja

His exposed arm and hands look too small for a man of his bulk, IMHO. Otherwise, excellent, as always.

Thank you Lamar, Artyczar, Penny and Deborah for your comments.

I agree with you Lamar: the arms are too flimsy, so is the head - basically the body is to large for the rest of the man.... I had hoped that this would show his age and weekness, but your are right it is a little off. If I should repeat this motif (which I might), I will pay special attention to this! Thank you again for your feedback!
Cheers
Tanja

This is a beautiful palette! Lovely, and you captured the suggestion of a sweet, contemplative expression. I agree with the observation on the hands. But overall, it's such a pretty piece! 😍 I love it.

A thought provoking story here of man and captive bird. Easy enough to correct without having to redo it; just decrease the back of the shirt by bringing the light plum/purple on down and do a higher line on his arm section.

The concept and composition are good and I really like the bird cage. I would give it a second try, with adapted proportions.

Back