Valle Camonica in Lombardy

tanjaf

4B471C9F-E434-4660-A436-75EFC3D02F75.jpeg
Hello,
This is a watercolors and fineliner sketch done on a walk at Lago d‘Iseo in Northern Italy

I would like to read your c&c.
Thank you for looking.
Cheers
Tanja

Ah, nicely done! The simplicity of a sketch with the effect of a full painting. Perfect choice and application of colors for a lakeside landscape.

Beautiful sketch. I love the way you've handled the buildings with your pen lines, and the broad strokes for the lake work brilliantly.

Thank you laika and triss for your comments; regarding the pen, I like to apply it at the very end and not too detailed 😀
Cheers
Tanja

View attachment 10838Hello,
This is a watercolors and fineliner sketch done on a walk at Lago d‘Iseo in Northern Italy

I would like to read your c&c.
Thank you for looking.
Cheers
Tanja
Hi Tanja, very nice. Loose and very much in the spirit of a fine sketch and colour. The line drawing gives just enough and your washes complete the view. Fine work!

I love it! You really captured the alps of northern Italy. I have been in this region. Beautiful style. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

May I make a suggestion or give you a anecdote? I have always used a liner pen in my washes afterward like this and in recent times have decided to usually nix it. I've been even happier with the results in some cases. This looks really cool, probably with or without the pen. I don't know if you use it because you feel you need to, or if it's a stylized choice, but I thought I would share that with you. Now I am more aware of when and why I use it. This is just me, but I thought I'd tell you my experience.

Thank you murray and artyczar: that is a good suggestion to leave the pen alone if not necessary. I will try that and in the next sketches: more simple is almost always better 😀

Back