Fairy's Halloween

moscatel

oil painter
"Fairy's Halloween", 25x35 cm, oil on canvas mounted on board. Painting from life. I'm painting a series of pumpkin, squash, zucchini theme small daily paintings and the little fairy which is my cat's favorite toy is set in most of these paintings. I have a setup here on my desk and the fairy is there, too, and my cat often tries to steel it. I have several pumpkin paintings already done and might post more since it's almost Halloween.

The following painting has a certain mist all over the painting but it doesn't show well in the photo below.
2_Fairys_Halloween_500e.jpg

I love everything about this painting, from the concept to the palette. What a fun project! Beautiful brushwork, too.

Next up: a painting of the cat stealing back his toy fairy! ;)

I like yor style.
special when you painting still life from life.
one good thing i have been study from this painting is to never paint my background the same color the skies are painted.
you must work on the background, leave it more thin and let the substence do the effect and texture. its poping up when it has hard brush strokes.
beautiful done.

Terri, thanks! Good idea "stealing the fairy"😅 .. I actually have one photo of the "cat catching fairy" .. Could make something out of that. Oh goodness, I just purchased more pumpkins :eek: to paint ..
Lazarus, thanks for your comments. Thank you also for the tip of the background + sky color, I never heard of it but it actually makes sense now that I think of.
🎃

Last edited:
Terri, thanks! Good idea "stealing the fairy"😅 .. I actually have one photo of the "cat catching fairy" .. Could make something out of that. Oh goodness, I just purchased more pumpkins :eek: to paint ..
Lazarus, thanks for your comments. Thank you also for the tip of the background + sky color, I never heard of it but it actually makes sense now that I think of.
🎃
Well. here you teach me somethig new without intntion to be.:D

I like everything about it: composition, colors, details. Has a warm atmosphere about it and it’s very good to have.

Lazarus, Nufocus, Queen Bee, Donna and Kay, Thank You! 🙏
Lazarus, it's a good thing we are both learning here.
Queen Bee, I'm glad you find that the fairy adds interest, I think so too.
Kay, indeed it is!

I love it. It's an adorable composition that is well painted. The background adds to the Fairy theme.

Thanks DM! Glad you like it. I think teal color is there because of a pile of leftover paint from another painting and wanted to try if it would work on this bg. 🧙‍♀️🎃

Reactions: Dm7
Back