Extraordinary Dromedary

jennaboo88

Hello everyone!

This is one of my recent sculptures, Extraordinary Dromedary. With sculpture commissions that called for minimal embellishment, it was a joy to come back around to adding some bling to really make a statement. This camel has been on my to-do list for several years, inspired by a single embellishment in my stash. He's finished at last and here is the result.

He's made with steel fencing wire (at the base for stability) and copper wire. He's adorned with all manner of interesting jewels, chains, baubles, and found items, including two bell anklets which jingle merrily, adding more character. Extraordinary Dromedary measures 8.75 inches tall by 10 inches long by 3.5 inches wide.

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking, and Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating it!

Extraordinary Dromedary 1.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 2.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 3.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 4.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 5.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 6.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 7.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 10.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 11.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 14.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 15.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 16.jpg
Extraordinary Dromedary 18.jpg

When I saw you had posted in the forum, I couldn't click on the thread fast enough! Great choice of color, decoration, and overall impact. What a beauty, but all of your work is phenomenal.

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for taking so long in replying. Life has sure gotten hectic around here lately, with so little free time to hang out here and catch up. Here I am back at last!

Bravo ! It is a beautiful work. Against a white background he would pop out even more...
Thank you very much! I am always experimenting with my backdrops and photobooth options. Interesting observation. Thank you for sharing.

Wow! He's a very special camel. I just love all those adornments. 🙂
Thank you, Kay! You should have seen the tray of possible adornments I had piled up with this guy - only about 1/3 of it made it into the finished sculpture. Many sittings were spent just holding up this necklace, propping that bracelet in place, checking textures and patterns and colors to see what pops the most and looks like a complete set. It was fun...if a bit complicated! :)

AMAZING!!! Is that a shell casing? The whole thing is out of this world! ♥️ !!!
Wow, Ayin, thank you very much! Good guess on the shell casing! In fact, it is a vintage charm that is made to look like an old tin/metal stein. If you look closely, you'll see it has a lid. The lid has a tiny little lever so that it flips open. It's been in my collection for years. I loved finally finding the right creature to use it! Thanks again. :)

When I saw you had posted in the forum, I couldn't click on the thread fast enough! Great choice of color, decoration, and overall impact. What a beauty, but all of your work is phenomenal.
Joy, your comments are always so very kind. Thank you! I'm so happy you like this camel. I really appreciate the kind words!

Back