Bushy Park

What they said^
:D
My first painting of 2022. I like the texture the slightly rough paper/card gives, but it takes longer getting colour into some of the dips! Used some thinner in places to help.
C&C Appreciated, Thanks for looking. Arnie
Sennelier Oil Pastel on Hahnemuhle Aniversary Watercolour paper 40x30 cm

View attachment 17098

Beautiful Arnie! I love the texture of the tree foliate and the reflection of light in the walkway. The fallen leaves are a very nice touch.

I never visited the park, but i lived thereabouts.
Its mainly a large expanse of rough grass with paths, some lakes, and lots of deer, but the enclosed area by the cafe has these nice trees and lakes which make for a pleasant walk.

This has lovely colors and texture. Oil pastels can be quite difficult -- I didn't know you could thin them - What did you use to thin them?

This has lovely colors and texture. Oil pastels can be quite difficult -- I didn't know you could thin them - What did you use to thin them?
Thanks. I used Zest it applied with a brush to thin/mix them on the ground. Although you can also use turps and other solvents as well.

Lovely work Arnie. Fantastic colours and I agree with the earlier comments-the movement in the water is superb.

Your water is wonderful, with the floating leaves and birds. I especially like the clump of leaves resting against the bank. The tree colors are quite believable. Nice!

Back