BFF

P. Barrie

Painted from a reference photo that grabbed me. I pushed the colors, maybe too far.

First pass

C7A94CFE-4F77-4A85-B2C1-B9D5C7DF6E22.jpeg

Final, for now
81531C78-8DDB-4878-BB5B-B9BD16AF6623.jpeg

This works beautifully for me. I see the colour as a reflection and expression of the psychology of the friendship. It is wonderful!

I always love a painting that seems to tells a story. This one makes me wonder what their conversation is about as they stroll through the trees. Well done!

Cute. Tree trunks look to be without any reflected color making them harder than they could perhaps be. Overall, well done.

Lovely painting. It just gives a nice feeling to look at it.

Lain, thank you, thats a heartfelt compliment.

Sanlynn, thank you, the relaxed gesture of the figures kind of suggests conversation.

Wayne, thanks, photo limitation. I’d have to go outside and look for those colors. Don’t have any “formulas” for reflected light on tree trunks. Really dont have the plein air experience/vocabulary.

Thanks Arty, impressions of light on and in leaves can be tricky. My paint application was done quickly, perhaps a bit superficial, but it felt good at the time.

I think it is beautiful, as is. And I too like that it and the title tell a story. ❤️❤️

Looks good to me. You captured the light well and the figures are also good.

Patrick,

I had a busy December so catching up here in the landscape forum. You paint light and shadow so well. In addition your perspective and scale of the people is excellent. This one draws me right in. Excellent work. (y)

John

As Lian observed, the strong ambiance and mood of the scene carry it beyond any technical concerns for me.

Painted from a reference photo that grabbed me. I pushed the colors, maybe too far.

How are your colors pushed "too far?"

BeFunky_Bonnard11.700.jpg

5232542889_0743f60135.jpg

3872543865_7cf178d9d0_o.sm.jpg

Keep pushing the colors. :)

Back