As Crocodile Dundee said, "This is a knife"

Enyaw

namuh
002.jpg

11 x 14 Alla Prima ... Knife Painting

Simply beautiful. That little punch of blue makes you want to see the full picture, not just the close-up. ;)

I absolutely love blues and browns together, so I am very attracted to this one. Well done with the knife!

A fresh feeling beauty, Wayne.
What size and type is your favorite knife? Any thoughts on plastic vs metal ones - I am inspied to do some total knife works again but can't find my metal ones.

Thank you Trier and Bizzy

Trier: I once tried plastic but much to rigid for me. Flimsy is the best... that black handle one is an Italian make .. don't make them any more. I think I paint 50 US for it about 35 years ago. Really really thin. My faves are the long ones with 3rd from the right. I used to paint only with knifes for about 2 years back then. I just started using my knife much more in the six months.
knife.jpg

Those knives are a wip themselves. Like bricklayer's trowels. To my layman's eye they appear too crude to produce anything so subtle, and yet, they become wands, casting magic.

Yup, Arty, a few sessions.
Thanks Desforges
Thanks Patrick. Thanks for the link. I have seen her on my iPad. Yes, very impressive.
Thank you Herme. I've not used one for paint but I have heard. They should work as a large brush as they have a bend.
Thank you Lain. They can be lethal, but they work best with a grntle hand. I have never done one but I assume it would be like putting icing on a cake.

Thanks Joe ... Lain... I must remember to check my spelling .. typos like crazy :oops:

I've had this piece or ore for 50 years I am sure .. got it from some auction that was raising money for some good cause .. at least that's what I tell myself .. just love the natural formation of it. If I recall it's iron ore. Heavy thing for a 4 inch rock.
008.jpg

Wow wee. That is nice. I also like the natural formation. It is a good thing we are not stonemasons. You have had that as long as I have been on this rock, planet. Thanks for sharing it with us ;)
... Lain...
I have been called worse things. "Iain," for instance.

My knives look similar to yours. I like to work with the long thin ones as well, although I've also found the squared off stubby one quite good for marks lately
Trier I can't get in with the plastic ones at all.
Enyaw lovely painting, that blue is really fab

Attachments

• 20200830_172844.jpg
    20200830_172844.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 141
Okay you guys, don't get mad, but these are my knives. The one in the middle I've had for 30 years, and the other two I've had for 20. And I swear to God, I do use them.

knives1.jpg

knives2.jpg

Iain: I did say lots of spelling errors .. can't smell a thing, hardly hear, barely see: an' you gotta remind me. :ROFLMAO:

Laf, that is a nice little knife .. never seen one before

Arty, I see you use them. Sandpaper cleans the blade when you forget to wipe.

Back