Artist Quotes/Quotes on Art

Yes, I remember reading about these and wondered whether anyone opened one😮
Yes , I remember reading somewhere that someone actually opened one of the cans , Visual Artist Bernard Bazile did exactly that in the artwork titled " boite ouverte de piero Manzoni " translated as such .... Opened Can Of Piero Manzoni .

So what was inside the can you may ask ?
a smaller can labeled " merda di artists " .
Bazile didn't open the smaller can so no one knows what's actually inside it ?

possibly manzoni's excrement is inside the smaller can ,
maybe nothing is inside the smaller can or possibly filled with something else .

1961 artwork by the Italian Artist
Piero Manzoni .

The work consists of 90 tin cans each reportedly filled with the artists own feces with labels in Italian , French , German & English stating ....

Artist's Shit
Contents 30 gr net
Freshly Preserved
Produced and Tinned
in may 1961 .

as told by a friend of piero manzoni's , the work / cans were meant as an act of defiant mockery of the art world , artists & art criticism

273767660_5180063612005035_2427197428163111353_n.jpg

The comment I hear the most is: "I can't even draw a straight line."

I use a ruler. :rolleyes:
I can't even draw a curved line! My Essential Tremors cause it to be very shaky. Drawing a straight line is easier for me as all I have to do is orientate the paper such that the line is at 90° to the axis of my tremor! ;)

That quote is interesting considering that Mallarmé said the exact opposite to Degas. Degas was trying to write poetry and wasn’t satisfied with the results. Since he had such great ideas, he couldn’t understand what he was doing wrong. “But my dear Degas,” exclaimed Mallarmé, “poems are made of words, not ideas!”

Back