Arteza Colored Pencils

ntl

Contributing Member
Artist quality, acid free. Anybody here use them? What is the quality? Tell me about them. I was gifted several colors, and know nothing about them. I don't often use cps, though I have many from over the years...These were bought on sale, 3 in a box. They "blend magnificently! You can easily layer our colored pencils to create colorful artwork with great depth to achieve drawings with impressive realism" from https://arteza.com/products/expert-colored-pencils-bright-tones-single-color-3-pack

Know nothing about these, but they look like the kind of blue pencil used to rough in a sketch before you go at it with pen or pencil. I recently bought a 12-pack, cheap, of Prismacolor Col-erase 20028 blue for that very reason. Curiousity. One will last me a lifetime.

Thanks. I haven't opened any yet, not really a cp enthusiast, I prefer fluid stuff that I can push around a while. And those thin lines! That's a lot of patience...maybe I can work toward a ZEN attitude...Maybe work consciously toward the Druid part too. Years ago I did some graphite work, maybe now's an opportunity to get back to it.

Now what to do with all the older cps?

Now what to do with all the older cps?
Hang on to them for now, some of that old stock is better than the new. I have an old set of Prismacolors that my daughter used in grade school. Somebody here, can't remember who, did a very good discussion of pencil quality.

I used a few, they do lay color more easily than the older ones. I have some similar colors, the magenta and indigo blue, for instance, but some of the new colors can fill in other spaces, koala gray, apricot, jungle green...
Any recommendations? watercolor? rough or smooth? My supply is limited. I have wc, strathmore, newsprint, smooth acid free, canson multimedia, bond, even some pink cardstock, lol.

Back