Art and Humor

Trump at Buckingham Palace, 2019.
It is a jibe at the reasons we don't like Don. Policies, attitude, ability etc etc
So the joke is that Queen Elizabeth would not take it upon herself to
discuss any personal likes or dislikes with Leaders, so I picked on the abstract
idea of her repremanding American spelling.
At first I thought this was a delightful gentle commentary on the lack of real substance in these international meetings between heads of state.

The art work is very appealing in that juvenile style, and its really very funny to have the the Queen's stockings lumpy looking!

Then I read your explanation a couple of times in order to figure out exactly what you were saying.
If I understand it correctly, you and the British people do not like Trump because of his "Policies, attitude, ability etc etc". and you think the Queen should have called him out on it.
If that is the case, I regard your post as pure prvocative political opinion using a thin veneer of art to insert it here.

In sum, and with all due respect, I like the art, but even more dislike the politics.(n)

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. That is the end of it regarding politics , and my only further discussions will be about art.

Regards,
Trier

Reminds me a bit of that old TV series Dallas. It aired when I was a teen, so I did not follow it, not being very interested in soap operas. But at the time it was so big, you got to know the characters anyway. Every time I walked past the TV, where my mother would sit glued, Sue Ellen would be in her room, staring into the mirror while crying over something JR had done to her, and when people asked what's wrong she'd say "I'm fine. Just fine."

At first I thought this was a delightful gentle commentary on the lack of real substance in these international meetings between heads of state.

The art work is very appealing in that juvenile style, and its really very funny to have the the Queen's stockings lumpy looking!

Then I read your explanation a couple of times in order to figure out exactly what you were saying.
If I understand it correctly, you and the British people do not like Trump because of his "Policies, attitude, ability etc etc". and you think the Queen should have called him out on it.
If that is the case, I regard your post as pure prvocative political opinion using a thin veneer of art to insert it here.

In sum, and with all due respect, I like the art, but even more dislike the politics.(n)

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. That is the end of it regarding politics , and my only further discussions will be about art.

Regards,
Trier

Thanks for your reply Trier.

chickenimanartist.jpg

My 'Claim to artFame' is totally based on humour.
I painted a picture of F1's Max Verstappen in the Redbull overtaking Kimi R
during the 2017 USA GP....it showed Max totally using the kerb, going off the track
to get the position. It was an exciting moment in the race, it was a stand-out season
highlight, it was F1 at it's best.

I painted it with one intention...to get it to Sir Adrian Newey, Redbull's genius designer
who just happens to live in the same village as me.
I sent it with a one page, handwritten letter including saying how I hope the picture will make him smile
and included a translation of Verstappen.... which means 'far Step'.

He accepted my gift and I have his superb reply, by letter, framed and on display.
I think that coupled with the humour in the 'moment' I captured and it being from a local
resident worked in my favour entirely, just as I hoped.

Last edited:
I recently emailed a selection of my work to my local art shop/gallery asking if they would
consider hanging them for sale.
They declined saying my images were not suitable to their client base.

I duly replied accepting their decision but humoured them by giving them
this picture the following day.

Bayswater Road, in London is one place where artists pitch up and hang their work
to sell to the public.

The Gallery did get my joke and not long after receiving this pic, they asked me to
come and give them some of my pictures.

Back