Arnolfini Portrait

This is a copy of the Van Eyck painting (The Arnolfini portrait - wedding).
Worked for 5-6 months on this one.
Oil on Panel: 60 x 82 cm - (23 x 32 in).

_DSC2014 900.jpg

Detail:
Arnolfini detail1.jpg

Arnolfini detail2.jpg

Wow. Not my cup of tea but your talent is over the hill good: no, make that great. The painting is top notch.

This is so very impressive! Your attention to all the details - like the reflections in the mirror - makes this so excellent. Did it take that long to paint partly because you were waiting for the oil to dry so you could do some glazing? I'm wondering if that's how you achieved such luminous color.

Excellent copy! Strong color and attention to detail. No doubt it took a period of months - really fine work on this iconic painting.

That is a truly impressive reproduction, even down to the correct size. Are you sure you didn't steal the original? Expect a visit from Interpol.

This is so very impressive! Your attention to all the details - like the reflections in the mirror - makes this so excellent. Did it take that long to paint partly because you were waiting for the oil to dry so you could do some glazing? I'm wondering if that's how you achieved such luminous color.
The painting is made by using a layering technique. 2, 3 to 4 layers were mostly enough.
There is so much detail in this painting that I never had to wait for the paint to dry.

Wow..."wow" is an understatement. Impressive to the maximum. Out of the park excellence.

Back