Animal And Wildlife Challenge For October 2022

I finished drawing and coloring the cat.
I also made another one, the bat,
I have to find the photo, I thought I saved it on the computer, after I add it, thanks for references and to see.
del gato I have another photo prior to this, I do not know whether to put that too

2022-10-24 01-40.jpeg

a tip?, the composition, the size of the cat or the others is okay?
I try to draw the subject big, to give it as much space as possible? Is it wrong? Cat had to be a little smaller?
after having published the photos I had this doubt. thanks

Joe - Nice crow [or is it a raven ?] . Wonderful rabbit !

EP - Great drawings. I especially like the dog - her expression is really nice

Kay - Good work on the crow. The shadow under the beak is really well done.

Cheers,
Patricia

CaliAnn - Lovely bunny ! I like your technique with the pen and pencil - makes
me want to try an ink drawing myself !

Joe - Great drawings . I like them all - especially the gorilla and the bat !

Kay M - I really like your crow - and how you did the background !

Cheers,
Patricia

I am so impressed by all of the work in this thread! Wow, you all have done such amazing work! 👏

I think Kays corvid could easily find a place as a book illustration! 😎

Thank you, Joy. Nice to see you here.

Digital.The lion was one of my first choices, I saw many drawings of lions, and I tried felines often, even here with the black cat a few days ago. Is the skin in the coloured draw okay or do they look like stains?, in the belly for example, however I leave it like this, I don't know how to continue it, in the last.
eye left,t's small? but I tried to change it.thanks

Although I have done some nice pieces in the past (that were done on Arches and took weeks), my work has been really difficult lately. Using cheap sketchbook paper in an attempt to work quickly and loosen up backfired. So often I see challenge photos on forums and feel they are too complicated or not good lighting, and then am really impressed by what others can do with them. Interpreting a subject is very difficult for me. Working on things that are not worth saving is too time consuming so I am going to try to just start over more often.

This is with a biro, or ballpoint pen, which I have never done before. It is on Canson 140CP watercolor paper sketchbook, 7 x 9. The reason it is a peach and yellow color with some scoring was b/c I had tried a challenge for another thread of some pumpkins on that paper. The attempt was so terrible I wiped the paint away and just thought I would do this quickly (for me, anyway) for Inktober and the Wildlife Challenge. It took less than 90 minutes. I also posted this in the Inktober thread.

2E0EA24E-0C22-4705-827C-81376E6326AC_1_201_a.jpeg

Back