Alien Sun, Tree & Bird

Trier

Supporting Member
Done while recuperating from Hurricane Ida. I forgot where I was going frequently and progressed in fits and starts. Can you find the bird (of ______) ?

24x18 Acrylic/ paper
P1010243Alien Sun, Tree & Bird.JPG

Pay no attention to the clamp on the upper right; never saw it before I posted.

This is awesome, Trier! Wow, I just love it. Big, bold graphic shapes, thick black lines and beautiful swirls. ❤️ What's not to love here??

Pretty sure I'm seeing a bird of prey within the hill on the left side. ;) I could be wrong, but that looks like a heck of a beak.

Wow, I like the bold graphic look of this too, Trier! The land shapes and sky shapes seem to be moving. I see the same bird as Terri but wonder if there's another one hiding somewhere.

Kinda restless and agitated. Kinda Ida. Very cool!
And yes, I think I see the head and shoulders of a bird on the left :)

The bird is black and flying in the top right, and has white above it, like a cloud marshmellowed on top of it. Yes? The whole pieces is wonderful Trier. I LOVE this. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

The bird is black and flying in the top right, and has white above it, like a cloud marshmellowed on top of it. Yes?
Yes!! 😆 I missed it yesterday, but it seems more obvious now. Good eye, Arty!

A million thanks to all - - -

Thanks to all for the great input, and for taking the time to consider it.
Using/ taking your ideas , I modified the painting in a quick and dirty way to study.

Since I intended the painting to have a “spiritual”,(for want of a better term) meaning, and for which I make no apologies, I will explain my reasoning as best I can, knowing that it is totally subjective and probably peculiar to me.

I had noticed the big raptor beak in the hill where Terri saw it also, but had decided to just leave it alone so as not to distract from the other elements.
Upon reconsideration I have now decided that the suggestion of a big bird would strengthen the ambiance of it being a weird alien world by being so out of scale and place. Hence the round rock on the hill which looks like the bird’s eye. (it is really a button for now)

The black bird that Arty and Wayne saw was indeed in the same vein as the Van Gogh Crow (I like the way that sounds!), and of course is Death The white shape on the bird that Arty saw as marshmallow was the result of a real struggle in deciding how to depict my idea that the seed of Life rides on the wings of Death and that the two are inseparable, at least in this world and in the alien world also.
At first I wanted to use gold-yellow for the Life shape, but thought that would destroy the pattern of white shapes that I used as a framework of the painting. I have now decided that a small seed shape
within the larger shape would carry the idea. (it is a plain lemon seed for now while I figure out what color to make it).
Maybe the title should now be “ Alien Sun, Tree & Two Birds”
P1010282Sun Tree Bird m2.JPG

All suggestions as to how to better depict the ideas welcome.

had noticed the big raptor beak in the hill where Terri saw it also, but had decided to just leave it alone so as not to distract from the other elements.
Upon reconsideration I have now decided that the suggestion of a big bird would strengthen the ambiance of it being a weird alien world by being so out of scale and place. Hence the round rock on the hill which looks like the bird’s eye. (it is really a button for now)
Thank you for validating my TOTAL MISS, Trier! :ROFLMAO:

It wasn't just the obvious beak-shape, but the small curved lines on the rounded hill next to it made me think of feathers. So I took a safe guess at the obvious, instead of looking for the small subtleties that more seasoned artists, like Arty, picked off easily. ;)

I love your "weird alien world"! The van Gogh crow fits in easily with the beautiful black outlines, curves - it's all eye candy to me. ❤️
All suggestions as to how to better depict the ideas welcome.

I just don't see how any of us could compete with the fabulous thought process you had to create this painting.

I love your thoughts and theories behind this work. Thank you for sharing it with your curious viewers. It makes it all the more beautiful. I don't think anyone can really further impress or express a deeper understanding on what this means to you. I feel I understand it from how you are describing it, if that help you feel satisfied. ? It's profound, and I love it even more. ♥️

Although the upper right black bird with marshmallow doesn't leap out at me, the raptor certainly does, especially now with the eye. What a wonderful painting.

Back