Afternoon Tea

WFMartin

"Afternoon Tea", Oil on RayMar Canvas Panel

Primarily, I am "testing" the ease of posting an image of my work on this site. Seems to be quite straightforward, and I'm very pleased.
This is a painting that I created perhaps a year ago, or so. As you might notice, I tend to enjoy painting realism, although I have also received awards for some of my more "experimental" type of work, which includes palette knife work, and some more surrealistic subjects.

I don't know why I got all these images, when I only posted ONE! I tried deleting them with an "edit", to no avail!View attachment 997

Last edited:
Sorry, I simply DON'T KNOW HOW to post an image, without either LOSING IT, or having 3 of them! Tried "editing", but to no avail! Trying, again.......
Afternoon_Tea_Final.jpg

Well, it worked THIS time, but I don't know what. I did to cause it to happen.

Oh I like that one Bill, I've not seen it before. Excellent job of making the figures a focal point by putting the light clothing against the shadow and the darker against the lighter background. Love it!

WFMartin, love this piece "Afternoon Tea" . Values are so talented painted in this one.
I posted one picture so far to still lifes and I didn't have any problems of triple/no image at all. Did you post by using attachment? I didn't. I used the mountain icon above (left to the smiley).

Great painting Bill!

I will have mjp look into what's happening with the duplicate posting of images. I suggest you use the picture icon--the little square with the mountain on it. Then ignore the "chose one" at the bottom where the thumbnails pop up. That seems irrelevant.

You can resize the image just by clicking on the image in the post. It will then be "selected" with a blue border around it and will have four corners on it where you can move your mouse to make it larger or smaller by dragging it on the inside of it, if that makes sense.

We can try to make a little tutorial in the Site Announcements and Technical Discussions forum soon.

Hello Bill
When the triple image problem happened to me on my first post here, I think it was caused by my hitting the "submit" button more than once because I could not tell if it was truly submitted after I hit it the first time. There is no confirmation that the image /message was sent that I could see. The crude way to check is to look at the thread to see if it came through after the first click. Not a good deal.
Regards,
Trier

Great painting but it's strange, despite the outdoor setting it reminds me of Hopper's Nighthawks. The people somehow look very lonely. Must be my existential angst showing.

Hello Bill
When the triple image problem happened to me on my first post here, I think it was caused by my hitting the "submit" button more than once because I could not tell if it was truly submitted after I hit it the first time. There is no confirmation that the image /message was sent that I could see. The crude way to check is to look at the thread to see if it came through after the first click. Not a good deal.
Regards,
Trier
Thank you very much for that advice! I will keep that in mind.

Thank you very much for that advice! I will keep that in mind.
CORRECTION: I meant to say that it was the blue buttons that say "thumb or full image" that I pressed more than once, NOT the "submit" button. Sorry about that

Back