After further thought, an' deeper understanding ...

Enyaw

namuh
I thought; I ought not tell you why I felt the urge to repaint "The Vase",
and so, I won't take any longer to tell you: this is, "The Vase 2''
11 x 14 oil on panel .. Alla Prima ..

005.jpg

I thought; I ought not tell you why I felt the urge to repaint "The Vase",
and so, I won't take any longer to tell you: this is, "The Vase 2''
11 x 14 oil on panel .. Alla Prima ..

View attachment 9969
Is it because you ate one of the avocados? 😊
Love your rich colours again.
This time, the angle at which we are looking at the table is as if your table is triangular. Not that it matters because everything goes. I am curious to know why you repainted it!!🥸☺️

Last edited:
Those yellow are brilliant and creamy! How do you do it? I love this one. So elegant. It belongs in a castle. ♥️

Thank you Desforges:
Usually a sucker for a lovely lady's request I shall tell you: because I could. Yes, the table is an old trick used by Cezanne. Not exactly the table as I do it but you get the picture. I use it to force you into the circle. Sorry for the enforced containment but that is the job of composition.

Thank you Arty:
I once told you I use a lot of greys. I'll add to it: I use a lot of transparencies and as well I told you about my square knife. You have the ingredients but you don't have my mind (good thing). Personally, I think the vase in "The Vase 2", tells a good story about abstraction.

Well I think your square knife makes for a very interesting technique. And nice job on playing with perspective on this one. I think it's one of your best.

Another wonderful painting. I love your knife work. Looking forward to Vase 3. 😁 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Back