About as abstract as I get...

WFMartin

Once in awhile I will step outside of my realistic painting, just for the fun of the experience, and the challenge. Strangely enough, when I do that, I often receive some sort of award for my effort. In this case, I received a Best of Show at my art club's show a couple of years ago, and I was delighted.

I call this painting "Biff":
Biff_Final.jpg

"Biff".....16" x 20" oil on RayMar Canvas Panel

You’re a terrific executioner (with a brush in hand, I mean....), Bill!
This is very meticulously done. Certainly brings Yves Tanguy to mind.

I can see your realism training in this. Very well executed and a great design to boot!

You’re a terrific executioner (with a brush in hand, I mean....), Bill!
This is very meticulously done. Certainly brings Yves Tanguy to mind.

Wow! Thanks! How nice of you to mention that! On another art site, someone else had also suggested that I might have taken my inspiration from Yyves Tanguy, so, because I was not familiar with him, I looked up his work, and discovered that I do appreciate that sort of work.

I did this from an "ancient" drawing of mine that I ran across in one of my sketchbooks. This is how I got the title: I am a fan of the TV sitcom, Big Bang Theory. On one episode, Leonard, Sheldon, and Koothrapali were discussing the old movie, "Back to the Future", in which there was a character named, "Biff". Koothrapali said, "BIFF.....What a stupid name; that's the sound you get when you twist a tube of Pillsbury's Biscuit Dough to open it.........BIFF!" Hence the name for my painting-----"Biff".

Last edited:
Back