WIP #2, unnamed also

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
Not even an idea for title yet. Acrylic on canvas 750mm 100mm.

Several big area still need to be clarified, Eh. Lovely lady 2nd from right whose not sure if she is coming in going.
20220422_171758-03.jpeg

VERY interesting composition. It has a little bit of some Chagall vibes to it. I really like it. It's original and mysterious is many ways. The reds are luscious. ♥️

Not even an idea for title yet. Acrylic on canvas 750mm 100mm.

Several big area still need to be clarified, Eh. Lovely lady 2nd from right whose not sure if she is coming in going.
View attachment 21041
Errors edited out!
Several big areas still need to be clarified, Eg. Lovely lady 2nd from right who's not sure if she is coming or going.

VERY interesting composition. It has a little bit of some Chagall vibes to it. I really like it. It's original and mysterious is many ways. The reds are luscious. ♥️
Your comments are much appreciated; even though it's only online, Irespect you and your art very much. Chaggall, I avoid his works as others have also seen resemblances. I don't want to be influenced too much. Perhaps I should check him out! Thanks again.

I find myself looking at it for longer-than-usual amounts of time.

Is the central figure's resemblance to the Grim Reaper intentional? That's how I read it, and for me it pulls the whole composition together — I see him/her* looking back to the crowd as if to say "you'll have your turn, too".

* (A female Grim Reaper? Why not?)

I find myself looking at it for longer-than-usual amounts of time.

Is the central figure's resemblance to the Grim Reaper intentional? That's how I read it, and for me it pulls the whole composition together — I see him/her* looking back to the crowd as if to say "you'll have your turn, too".

* (A female Grim Reaper? Why not?)
Thanks. And, I think so. :) I did go with the flow at first. That sickle just wouldn't go away. Had not intended it, but it was persistent! ANZAC day ( Aust & NZ Army Corp, 25 April) is a big day on the Aussie calendar. That, and family, is where I started.

Back