What tools do you get help from?

futursits_artist

Hey y'all, has anyone been using ChatGPT or some of the AI art tools as inspiration for their paintings? I’m wondering what cool things y’all have tried

I haven't. Some of the artists here have and some are anti AI, but I can see it as a tool. Welcome to the forums!!! Nice to have you here. :)

I'm a firm believer in "trailing edge" technology. 😉 Not even sure if my Windows Vista could work with ChatGPT. No, I am sure it won't – the old girl is not on the I'net. (I'm using my smartphone right now, with its small screen.) My Art tools are physical – brushes, palettes, knives, etc.
Not that I am anti tech – I made my living as an Embedded Software Programmer / Electronics Tech. Guess I just need to get away from that stuff.

--Rich
"So many colors, so little time!"

I would avoid ai produced images as reference.
Apart from the whole ethical discussion around this, I simply don't really like what I've seen of it so far. Difficult to put into words, it has a certain vibe or style that is rather generic, maybe because it's the mean of a lot of images.
Not something I would like to build my own work on.

I definitely prefer using my own photos - they're mine and I know I can do whatever I want. I appreciate all royalty-free images that are out there, but there is still a certain freedom to be had using your own ref material - or your own imagination. :)

I use mostly this for the actual work. The odd time I use a liner brush with the two items below.
The brush is Princeton Catalyst Polytip Bristle Brush - Egbert 6 and the knife is self explanatory.
222.jpg

For inspirational fooling around and looking for ideas I use phots with FotoSketch and Adobe Photoshop.
I use my own, public domain, or free to use like Pexels or other. Mostly my own or public domain.

Hey y'all, has anyone been using ChatGPT or some of the AI art tools as inspiration for their paintings? I’m wondering what cool things y’all have tried
I got a freebie trial of an art AI. Decided to test it. In my class it failed. Project: create abstract image of humanoid brolga. A brolga is an Aussie bird. Quite beautiful. Did 3 screenshots, didn't crop. Apologies.

Link to our public broadcasting story of, and image of, a brolga.
20230330_073846293.jpeg
20230330_073833991.jpeg
20230330_073853940.jpeg

Meant to add: if you recognize anything of yours in the images please add a link to your work. Could be interesting

Back