What art supplies have you bought recently?

Right - I don't think I've ever seen them open stock. If you're not too concerned about price, their color profile is nearly identical to Neopastels, from Caran d'Ache. Those sticks are smaller. But they are available open stock, plus they have a higher lightfast grade than do the Mungyos.
Besides color how close are? Could I replace used up Mungyo sticks with neopastels without issue?

Also Bongo that's a really good deal on canvases. someone probably screwed up placing the sign.

I adore using dip pens but I had to stop because I became too good at knocking the ink bottle over. I ruined a pair of jeans, got the floor and table more than once (luckily it wiped clean) and I had to re-paint part of my living room wall! Now I just don't trust myself.
I feel your pain. Knocking over a cup of coffee has become a daily occurrence. Sometimes twice a day.

16ga - the everyday price at Joann's is actually pretty good too.

Last edited:
Could I replace used up Mungyo sticks with neopastels without issue?
By and large, yes. Greens are very close, and so are the grays. Mungyo pinks run a bit cold (blue). There are some differences in the browns, and I prefer the Mungyo ochre to the Neopastel but that's just me. Overall I can't think you'd have any significant issues with colors clashing. :)

One by two foot unused canvas from a second-hand shop for three dollars, and from the same place, a city gallery published book gifted as a prize to an art student in 2007. Hope they're doing well and just doing a clean out.

Back