What are you working on?

I've been feeling stagnant again...really slowly working on drawings and sketches for new painting ideas, but not committing to any one in particular to start. They are all landscapes though (a large watercolor, a mixed media, and an oil painting). Another one will be a small oil that is not a landscape, I guess one of my "weird" ones. That one would be the easiest to make, but I don't know what's happening with my energy level this past week. I haven't been able to set up to start any of them. I was at least able to write some. I guess that's something.

That's my check-in.

I don't know if it is possible to revive oneself out of our ennui, but I like to think it is. I remember reading Graeme Green, the novelist, found Russian roulette lifted him out of despondency. Not that I am suggesting that...

I've got about 5 started but thats it, I'm just basically faffing around waiting for that 'ah' moment to hit😀, I may be waiting a while. I go back and forth between them, adding a dab here,drawing a line there but nothing is really holding my attention for long. I realised yesterday that one of the paintings which had an area that I wanted to keep I had in fact painted over - well done Lyn😀

Yes, bungee jumping, skydiving, wingwalking, and simply going to the local store.

(Will kill the laughter stone-dead).

Still struggling with this. Don’t know where I am going. I am working really slowly these days.
1BEA698B-0571-4FEB-A0B3-0436610E87CA.jpeg5767062A-6C2C-4AB9-8B6B-561806CFA5B3.jpeg

The link doesn't seem to be working, Jos. I was just about to post my WIP which does actually look like a Dominos pizza. I have now lost my appetite to post. But I can deliver. ....😀

The link doesn't seem to be working, Jos. I was just about to post my WIP which does actually look like a Dominos pizza. I have now lost my appetite to post. But I can deliver. ....😀
😀
What link? My photos?
I chose the small version . When I click on either one, it opens for me. Is that what you mean?

Looks like the delivery boy stole all the shrimps on the way to your house.
Like the complexity and the textures.

Last edited:
I guess I'm going to stop all the drawing/planning and finally start my ideas in paint. I decided to start with a couple of watercolors. The bigger one first (23 x 30 inches), which has this basic house composition:

deserthouse5.jpg

I want to make the sky big and sort of monochromatic, with a more detailed grassy hill below.

The other will be a 16 x 20-inch with a more complex scene like this:

desertwires.jpg

I want to see how crazy I can get all the wires while still making it make sense, so the wires will probably be in black ink.

That's the plan for now and each will probably take me a year! Ha ha.

Back