What are you up to?

Brian, thank you for sharing all that with us. That’s very cool. I didn’t know you were from South Africa. And that’s very interesting about the termites. I had no idea.
Mississippi Hippie congratulations on the house! That’s exciting and it’s so nice to be in a safe place and near water. And Rupert looks so cute. I bet he has a blast living there too.
John, sorry your work didn’t get chosen for the show. Hopefully next time! There are so many reasons why pieces don’t get picked. I was at a gallery talk and they explained that sometimes a rejection can come down to the size of the work or the shape and the space they have left, trying to fit the paintings in. There’s all kinds of reasons why people’s paintings are not accepted. They said sometimes the work is really good, but it doesn’t quite fit in or match the level of what is there. And that doesn’t mean it’s a lower quality. No not at all. I was surprised to hear that too, but it makes sense. Because even though they have a variety work, there may be a reason it sticks out among the rest.

Thank you all for the nice wishes for me and my bro. Cancer sucks ass. I've dealt with a lot of suffering and death among friends and family in this arena. This is the closest to me now, but at least I know a lot about it and know what to expect in every aspect. As odd as it sounds, I know how to armor myself from the emotional pain (for now), and just be a support.

Brian, in Los Angeles, many of the streets are lined with Jacaranda trees in some areas, especially in the northeast parts. My old street was, and I sure miss those, like when the blooms fell all over the ground.

Mississippi Hippie, congrats on the house! Rupert is so damn cute! What breed is he? I want a dog so bad, but so many things have to be done beforehand (long story), so I'm saving up to make those things happen first. It's a LOT to pay for before I can even start looking for a dog. :(

Back