Weekly postcards

Thank you Donna, Wayne, Jo and Ayin for your kind words, much appreciated! Here I have another weekly challenge and it was really a challenge (since I am not good or confident with florals as mentioned somewhere above)... Got some peonies from a open market but by the time I got home they started opening (they were half open in the morning) and this little rascal was like a popcorn, I couldn't keep up with it.

Alla prima, "advancing peony" :)

Peony.jpg

Have a good one!

Wow. You are so good in all areas. I should not be amazed but still am when I look at your work. I just love the magic carpte ride in this one. What a beautiful comp. Stay safe.

Your confidence with florals should be through the roof with this one, Zoran, because it’s incredibly beautiful! I will study this and admire it often.

Thank you Wayne, Donna and Ayin, you are being too kind! Here I have two new ones both done alla prima, small Peony bud (postcard size, the only bud that didn't open last weekend so I've had a really nice model for Monday or Tuesday, can't remember) as well as Cherries and lemons (somewhat larger size 30cm by 40cm or 12" by 16") done today, so didn't really have a chance to look at it objectively. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find myself in horror 😆

Hope all is well and have a good one... 'Till next time.

Peony bud

Peony.jpg

Cherries and lemons

Cherries and lemons.jpg

The second piece grabs my attention. The first one seems a tad indecisive: nice but.
I really like your compositional setups as in #2. Oh, did I forget to say, your colouring.

Beautiful pieces - the peonies and your cherries with lemons. As always, I am just floored by your lighting and the softness of your touch. ❤️ But it's definitely the quality of your lighting in every piece that just blows me away. Masterful!

The second piece grabs my attention. The first one seems a tad indecisive: nice but.
I really like your compositional setups as in #2. Oh, did I forget to say, your colouring.
Thanks Wayne... Yeah, florals are quite new for me. Now, when I look at the 2nd one, the photo is quite grainy but the idea is there...

Beautiful pieces - the peonies and your cherries with lemons. As always, I am just floored by your lighting and the softness of your touch. ❤️ But it's definitely the quality of your lighting in every piece that just blows me away. Masterful!
You are being too kind Terri, I'm blushing :) Thanks a bunch!

These are all gorgeous. I just love the way you handle light. I will look into this thread more often.

Amazing as usual. The painting I high end and that onion skin is top notch. Enjoy.

Again - the light is exquisite. The glowing onions are gorgeous, as well as the rest of your set up. Your compositions are always so good.

Love your work! ❤️

Back