Weekly postcards

Thanks for the displays. Beautiful work. Your light and shadow are splendit. Just reopened this on my pc where the color display is much better than my antique iPad .. love the use of blue against burnt sienna. Great combo.

Last edited:
Such beautiful works! Are those quail eggs in the most recent painting?
Yeah, quail eggs... it took me some time to clean them (empty them) and then few days later went to some hobby shop and they had them already clean and ready to go. They were selling them by piece, something like 40 cents each. With fresh ones I got 12 for 1.35 :)

Another weekly painting... with this one I almost gave up half way, it just didn't work so I took a break of 6-7 hours and then went back to it. It must be a Valençay that was distracting me. It has to be :)

Have a great week and till next time... have a good one!

Zoran

Cheese and olives.jpg

Man, that bread looks sooooo good. It must be green week. I played with green yesterday. You have a great combo with the umbers for balance. Good art as I have come to expect of you.

Thanks again for your kind comments... much appreciated! Not a floral painter by any mean, maybe I painted flowers few times in my life because it was just too difficult to paint them for a skill level at the time - so, I decided to give it a shot after a while. Maybe I'll do another one tomorrow, since this one took about 1-2 hours altogether due to a size, something like 3.5" by 6". I think they are called ranunculus, not sure and not so good with flowers :) but these are really nice ones. Have a good one...

Zoran

Ranunkula.jpg

Thank you Wayne and Ayin... sorry for a late reply.

Haven't been around for a while now, but still managed to do this 2 guys in past almost two months (I guess that I was just busy with a regular life 😆). 'Lemons and blueberries' I started and finished today and even though it is not polished, will probably keep it the way it is. It took about 4-5 hours and I would like to move on to a more lively brushstroke but it is difficult and as they say - you can't teach an old dog new tricks. The other one, 'Grapes', was hanging around for a year and finally got some time and concentration to finish it. That is why some small postcard studies done from life come handy :)... or not.

Well, hope all is well guys and until next time... have a good one!

Zoran

Grapes

Grapes.jpg

Lemons and blueberries

Lemons and blueberries.jpg

Both fantastic. Of course there is always a piece of a painting that grabs my attention. I am fond of particular passages in both of them. I like the glass in the top one and in the bottom I find the shelf is beautifully done.

Back