Weekly postcards

IronPawn

Hello everyone,

haven't been active for some time now on the forum due to a job activity and all other things that go along with it and the only spare time on a weekend that I could squeeze in is maybe few hours to focus and do some small painting or drawing. That being said, I'll start with these 3 - done in past month or so.

Most of them are quite small in size, around 5" by 7" and up to A4 that I cut to size if necessary, so I will not make notes on size, they will be within this range. They are done on canvas paper or canvas sheets, whatever is available at the moment. The idea is to finish it in one sitting - from setup to prep to being done in a few hours max regardless of outcome; some will be less and some will be more successful but that's ok... until circumstances change, but for now that is what I have to deal with 😆. Sometimes I'll skip a routine, but we'll see how it goes. Also, as of now, they will not be highly polished works, couple of old medium to small size filberts and that's it, no pointy brushes... nice and simple :)

Well, that's it for now and have a good one!

Zoran

Citrus

Citrus.jpg

Cherry tomatoes

Cherry tomatoes.jpg

Strawberries and lime

Strawberries and lime.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Zoran, nice to see your work again. All beautiful but my fave would have to be the strawberries. Your edges, lost and found are superlative.

Small perfect gems. I understand you don't view them as "highly polished works," but for me that's what makes them stand out. Gorgeous light and coloring in every one. ❤️

Thank you guys for your kind comments! Let's continue with another small one, spent about 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon, but I can see some improvements in decision making and mixing (comparing to my, let's say last year work or older).

Pears

Pears.jpg

Until next time, have a good one!

Zoran

Zoran,
I am amazed at the perfection in your technique and color mixing. Really like how you have the browns in the dark greens of the wall. Very subtle but eye catching without being a distraction.

Hello and thanks again guys, your kind comments are much appreciated... also, I hope that I found you all well! It is time for another weekly painting, this time slightly bigger then postcard (couldn't help it, there was just too many of them - you'll see bellow :LOL:). Have a wonderful week and till next time...

Have a good one!

Zoran

P.S. forgot to mention that I kept it simple as the other ones, couple of filberts, laying in paint, fix here and there and that is it - so it went quite fast... almost as the smaller ones. Of course, there could be more things done but the idea is there.

Eggs.jpg

Back