Wand #2

Hausamann

This is made from a strangled Camphaloral tree branch, copper tubing and wire, leather, Flourite crystal, and a window Quartz crystal.
I only used it once, and once was enough! It is too dangerous in the wrong hands for me to sell it. I have plans to put it in a glass lid cabinet with the a warning sign reading "In case of war, break glass".

wand #2.jpg

Copper is one of my favorite materials. Fortuitously, I now live a mere fifteen minutes from The Copper Queen Mine- a HUGE, awful but productive copper mine in the Mule Mountains. It is a pit mine- and is the size of a mountain turned upside down- able to be seen on satellite photos. Lots of antique copper items here- and I collect them- when I can. I also have a good deal of cobalt-blue glass objects; I'm pretty certain there's some very good set-ups between the two collections.

I also found a window quartz much like yours there my first day on our property- just laying there on the caliche. And while flourite is found here in Arizona, I prefer the amethyst geode I purchased and cracked at the Tucson Gem Show- it's a stunner.

Lovely wand- why do you believe no one can handle it?

Copper is one of my favorite materials. Fortuitously, I now live a mere fifteen minutes from The Copper Queen Mine- a HUGE, awful but productive copper mine in the Mule Mountains. It is a pit mine- and is the size of a mountain turned upside down- able to be seen on satellite photos. Lots of antique copper items here- and I collect them- when I can. I also have a good deal of cobalt-blue glass objects; I'm pretty certain there's some very good set-ups between the two collections.

I also found a window quartz much like yours there my first day on our property- just laying there on the caliche. And while flourite is found here in Arizona, I prefer the amethyst geode I purchased and cracked at the Tucson Gem Show- it's a stunner.

Lovely wand- why do you believe no one can handle it?
Thanks for sharing part of the world. The only mining (quarry-based mining) where I am is for road base material (as far as I know).
I am glad to read that you also like crystals. My first crystals collected was a piece from an amethyst geode. Decades later my neighbour, Barrie, introduced me to crystal therapy. Wand #2 and others came from this introduction.

To answer your question. I am sure someone else can handle it, but not even Barrie wanted to handle it. When I used it, the instant I flicked it, a lightning bolt hit the top of a telegraph pole near Barrie and I. It scared the living daylights out of us.

The window quartz view...

28 window.jpg

That one looks *exactly* like mine- mine is about 2.5 cm; and perhaps as big around as my little finger. It was just laying there- oddest thing.

There are some geological geodes here in Az, but most are more like nodules- solid inside. They're generally filled with calcite or chalcedony- rarely anything even semi-precious. However, I also have a good-sized chunk of native petrified wood- around 20 cm high and 5 cm in diameter. Looks like a rock fortress tower that had been hit by lightning leaving its very peak ragged.

I use it as a book end holding my cookbooks up; I only keep the old ones or ones from other countries, 'cause that's the way I cook. My sons have already laid claim to them in the will.

Nice wire work- and suede? Do you work leather, also?

That one looks *exactly* like mine- mine is about 2.5 cm; and perhaps as big around as my little finger. It was just laying there- oddest thing.

There are some geological geodes here in Az, but most are more like nodules- solid inside. They're generally filled with calcite or chalcedony- rarely anything even semi-precious. However, I also have a good-sized chunk of native petrified wood- around 20 cm high and 5 cm in diameter. Looks like a rock fortress tower that had been hit by lightning leaving its very peak ragged.

I use it as a book end holding my cookbooks up; I only keep the old ones or ones from other countries, 'cause that's the way I cook. My sons have already laid claim to them in the will.

Nice wire work- and suede? Do you work leather, also?
Yes, suede.
No I don't work leather any more. I did for a short while - for practical reasons only.
We also have some petrified wood, and amethyst, found on our local beach (from its headland). It's amazing what other natural bits can be found on the beach. For a while I got interested in sea glass for making mosaics; blue was the rarest colour to find here.

I don't know anything about crystals - but this is completely awesome! It sounds like you might have unleashed something dangerous!

I don't know anything about crystals - but this is completely awesome! It sounds like you might have unleashed something dangerous!
I don't believe the wand is dangerous as such, but the lightning is. The wand may be the tool which triggers a discharge of lightning about to happen. Much like creating the final straw that broke the camels back.

Back