Two snowscapes

moscatel

oil painter
"View from My Window - part II", 20x30 cm (8x12 in), oil on wood. It's very cold now about -17 C (2 F) so I don't go outside to paint. Too cold!

IMG_20210210_143532.jpg

Another one couple of days ago:
"View from My Studio Window - part I", 26x22 cm, oil on reused canvas

IMG_20210205_122126.jpg

Oh wow! I love these. The brush strokes are lovely. So filled with life, very painterly. I love everything from the colors you used to the dabs on the trees.

50 F would be +10 Celcius and it's pretty cold, too. I go paint plein air in that temp. with plenty of clothes on because that's what we have most summers anyway. :oops:
In general all over the year if it's colder than 25 F (-4 Celcius) I don't go out to paint.

Really fine painting! Both of these have very good color relation with sensuous brushwork. Very engaging.

Joe, thank you!
P.Barrie, thank you!
It seems that soon the temps will be better for some real snow plein air. After next week, I believe. Can´t wait!

I hate to be repetitive....😆
So here you go:

Oh wow! I love these. The brush strokes are lovely. So filled with life, very painterly. I love everything from the colors you used to the dabs on the trees.

Desforges, thank you so much!
Nufocus, thanks for the repetitive comment 😂😊 lol lol Thanks for stopping by and looking!

A couple of dandies Moscatel; you have captured the ambiance of the cold beauty of a winter scene to a 'T' , IMHO.

These are both well done. I especially like the blue shadows in the first one. My only advice would be to watch your balance. In the first one, the trees are so dark compared to the rest of the painting, which is rather pastel, that your eye is drawn to them. But they are on the very edge of the painting. Maybe you wanted that effect, fair enough, but personally I would prefer to have the eye travel into the distance and the lovely sky.

Back