Almeria - Morning Views

moscatel

oil painter
Here are some oil paintings from the window very early in the morning in Almeria, Spain. I wanted to repeat the view to see how different sky, mountain and sea are each morning. I wanted also practice sun rises. There were mornings that were simply dull and didn't inspire to paint. I spent time painting in this village, Isleta del Moro, in spring 2022. I painted there mostly pleinair.
size of each is: 18x24 cm, oil on oil paper (Fabriano Tela)
1_122310.jpg

2_082631.jpg

3_071135.jpg

4_095909.jpg

5_074709.jpg

6_074.jpg

7_17043833.jpg

The following photos are some views from the window. The third view is painting nro 6:

8_view.jpg

Thank you for looking! C&C welcome.

These are great. You captured a different feel in each one, which was your goal. Each is appealing in its own way. I'm smiling.

Jo, thanks!
It's quite interesting to do repetition of the same view and it can get boring but there are ways to fight that.

Donna, thank you! I've had trouble painting water, rocks and also skies since I tend to paint them plein blue so this was a challenge but as I usually woke up at 5 am it was a good chance to paint the view from the window/french balcony.

Beautiful paintings. Like the variation despite same subject and distinctive brushwork and harmonious colour.

Back