Trying out a landscape

wirfi

Not my usual thing, but I did this little study of a landscape last night. 30x24 cm / ≈12x9 inches
Since it was the first real landscape I've painted in many years, I'm pleased. But I also think it's not the most exciting thing in the world.

yT99m4z.jpg

Beautiful. Love all the various greens of the grass. Great composition and trees.

I love the light and the long shadows and the quiet mood. Beautifully done!

Wow, it's absolutely beautiful! The colour choices are perfect and the way you've treated the light on the grass and the trees is so delicate. Really skillful.

Love those wispy branches and leaves - very peaceful and natural.Beautiful.(y)

It's lovely!
Since it was the first real landscape I've painted in many years, I'm pleased. But I also think it's not the most exciting thing in the world.
Since it's the first landscape you've done in years, then excitement not be the thing to reach for, anyway. ;) Here you have a beautiful mellow scene. It's very soothing and enjoyable to look at, and technically you've hit all the marks. Good work!

Oh, I love it, especially how the light catches the trees and just a suggestion of the leaves. I always get too bogged down in detail but I like the balance you have here.

Back