Trio on a Beach in Watercolor

Joy

Contributing Member
I hadn’t tried painting fabrics before, so this reference appealed to me. It is watercolor on Arches 140 CP, 8 x 10. The sky and water is more greenish yellow than appears on the screen.

IMG_0880.jpeg

This is lovely. I especially like the way you have painted their clothes, and how they drape.

Joy, you nailed it! All the details, the drape and flow of fabric is spot on. The various hat folds and shadows are excellent, as well. You did not pick an easy photo reference for your first attempt, that makes it even more impressive. It's a lovely painting!

CaliAnn, ntl, Jo - thanks so much for the kind works! You made my day!

Excellent! I especially like the dotted skirt, the shading is really good on it. You did a great job on the fabric, especially since it was your first time doing fabric. ❤️❤️

You did a GREAT job on this Joy! I absolutely love the fabrics of their clothing. The colors that you chose are perfect. It's a strong composition as well. I can see that attention to the textures: sand, water, clothes, hair, hats...you have a detailed brain! I love it! ❤️ 👏

Ayin, you are too kind! My goal is to be more creative in my interpretation, as I rely too much on the reference.

Back