Transmission II - eyes closed

Artyczar

This is another painting I did over an old one that used to be in vertical format, hence the "II." I drew the wheelchair with my eyes closed and it turned out way better than I wanted it to. I wanted it to be significantly more whack and sloppy than it turned out to be. I wish I'd also tried to draw it blindfolded and upside down. Maybe then it would have been even more abstracted.

Transmission II: Oil, paper, pencil, and thread on canvas, 29 x 38 inches.

transmission2detail.jpg

Sheesh! Thats a better wheelchair than I could draw with both eyes open and trying my best!

Since I think I have some ability to make a mess, I offer the suggestion FWIW that you try it using your left hand if you are a righty, and vice versa of course, as well as blindfolded upside down. and QUICKLY!

Lottsa Luck . .

There's that wheelchair! I love how the underlying pieces show through the paint and give it all that texture. Super, all around!

Thanks Trier and Sno! :) Makes me happy. Yes, left-handed is a good idea. I drew it very slowly too because I wanted to get all the parts (basically). Quicker is also a good idea. I didn't paint it with my eyes closed. The drawing before the paint went on was with my eyes closed. ;)

This is another painting I did over an old one that used to be in vertical format, hence the "II." I drew the wheelchair with my eyes closed and it turned out way better than I wanted it to. I wanted it to be significantly more whack and sloppy than it turned out to be. I wish I'd also tried to draw it blindfolded and upside down. Maybe then it would have been even more abstracted.

Transmission II: Oil, paper, pencil, and thread on canvas, 29 x 38 inches.

View attachment 2279
You did this with you eyes closed?! Wow...

Back