Trading cards I painted

Oh wow Ellen, I can see why you had that headache, that must’ve been a hair-raising terrifying experience in the end!
Well, miniatures in some web forums have gone all the way up to 5 x 7”. This forum is called ‘Art Trading Cards’, not miniatures. It states;
“Artist Trading Cards (ATCs or ACEO: Art Card - Edition or Original) are 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size, originally the size of hockey or baseball trading cards. They are typically traded or sold among others that participate in the practice of making ATCs.”

My size of trading cards for the Christmas trade will be 4x6 inches. For that Christmas trade we’re going up to 5 x 7” as some requested. Any size up to the larger size will do. So we’re making an exception.
Thank you for the nice things you said about my cards. I found them just really wonderful little projects that got me painting without being overwhelmed. And more importantly, they got completed! I really saw my skills improving doing them.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, John. I was kind of amazed with that card. The more I did cards, the more things started to come easier. You know all the years you struggle, make lots of mistakes and then all of a sudden you just know how to do it somehow. You can break it down all in steps. And that was one of those paintings that it all just came together.
In fact, thinking about that card, that is a great scene (or something similar) for people wanting to learn. It is just steps that everyone can do.

Back