Towards the Abstract

mill

I thought the forum would like to see the latest of my watercolours, they are all hard-edged and a development from original photographs taken by me. I always prefer to use my own photos. Hope you like them.
03 Kitchen table 2.jpg
11 Nimes L.jpg
07 Woodbridge TideMill.jpg
12 Segre.jpg

These are beautiful! Love your various palettes here. So, you set up and shoot your own still lifes or surroundings, and paint using your own photos as reference, is that right?

I like those lines in them - ink?

Terri,
lines are 2b pencil, I always sketch them first.
Thank you for all your comments, I'll post more stuff later.
John

I adore everything about these marvellous paintings. The compositions and colours are superb. 👏

Wonderful work! I like how you are filling in the spaces to create a bit of abstraction out of realism. It's a fun way of doing that, like putting together a puzzle almost. Are these finished compositions?

Yeah these look like a lesson in composition and sketching, which I need right now. Thank you. I should probably start with using that thing called a pencil.

These are so beautiful - and inspiring! I like how the separate shapes of color come together to make the image.

Your paintings are so interesting and well done. A pleasure to see and investigate. I really like the still life. Well, all of them. I'm smiling.

Back