Tintin Drawing Sold for €3.2 Million Is the World’s Most Expensive Comic Book Art

I didn't know about this news, I didn't even know the cover (the cartoon I always saw), it's very nice anyway

I always liked this take on that image... for some reason. 😊 :unsure:

claude_mirande1.jpg

Interesting how fans of certain art are happy when pieces sell for a lot of money, but up in arms when artists they hate do. Not targeting you Brian, but in general. I am also very happy about it, BTW.

Interesting how fans of certain art are happy when pieces sell for a lot of money, but up in arms when artists they hate do. Not targeting you Brian, but in general. I am also very happy about it, BTW.

Me, I don't mind at all when ridiculous prices get paid for ridiculous work. It's got nothing to do with the work.

Me, I don't mind at all when ridiculous prices get paid for ridiculous work. It's got nothing to do with the work.

Aye! And there's the rub! Far too many... including the art media, collectors, and art institutions seem to promote the notion that the price of a work of art correlates to its aesthetic worth.

I also get the feeling that just as the imbalance of wealth is not good for the population as a whole, I suspect that far better use could be made of the money spent on art than the untold millions... billions... spent on a few art stars promoted by a handful of art galleries.

a year ago on a program of inquiries, mostly politics or actuality as news, as a service but only for a few minutes, they made service, modern art market, figures etc, perhaps in conjunction with the banana, however they said that the figures in recent years had increased and by a lot, not so much the number of artists, about 500 or 600 artists, that is, it seemed strange to me, I did not think so much (they spoke of a very small circle) contemporary were the authors of those works they did move almost all those figures, the majority. figures that seem like investments, one of the ways used to invest the capital of sheikhs, magnates, who use art as they did or do for something else. in such cases perhaps then they do not care so what they get, whether it is beautiful or not, but then the mechanisms that I do not know I do not know if they are valid for the rest, always, or if it is a game within a game, that is sometimes we talk of art but what for sale is if anything a concept an idea, that is when you invest why they have to invest I don't know if then the buyer has an interest in what they buy, if he is an admirer or a fan, I believe that sometimes yes, sometimes not, it is a market in the market a game in the game, that is, sometimes something that seems beautiful or powerful is valued, or something that is admired or collected, at times then in those cases of contemporary works to 100 million etc maybe the game and before, the evaluations and what maybe they are to enter the circle. and who decided what, what parameters they used. I don't know, sometimes you can find or appreciate something that is highly valued, others not, but how it happens I don't know, I think that for my tastes sometimes I can find myself, other times maybe for nothing and so some things that for me they should be worth a lot of millions maybe they are sold at normal or very low figures but it is something that I could not understand, sometimes I doubt that a little bit for everything you have to be at the right time at the right time or at the wrong time at the wrong time, maybe this only applies to art. then there are things that are perhaps speculations and raise even more doubts, if so it is the case, the moment, perhaps only for some cases of the game. that is, the comic before was considered serious b, series c, or despised, now it can be worth billions, before the comics films were not seen, now they are the thing they invest so much in. art seems like a truly variable dare so maybe it's worth trying not to have preconceptions and go belly-up, but I don't know

Back