Realistic portrait drawing - Dry brush - Game of Thrones, how is it ?

ArtistRamyaSadasivam

After all the years of being a hardcore fan of GOT, I thought let me try my luck with GOT. Last year in the month of October,2017 I decided to paint all the characters of Game of Thrones. It started as a fun thing and it turned out to be a project beyond the limits of my physical capacity. I wanted to paint all the characters, video record the process of painting and share the spirit of GOT with all our GOT family members. Of course, I wanted to become famous too. I am an artist and every creative person craves for attention, I am no different. I wanted to couple my talent along with the sentiment of GOT and gain recognition among our GOT family. Trust me it started as a painting project, a practice exercise for me and by the end of 40th work I realized a tremendous difference in my work when compared to my works before the project. This exercise boosted my level of confidence immensely and I do not know how but since then I have never had complaints from my customers. I mean to say all the commissioned single and family portraits came out really well after the project. During the exercise of GOT, I learnt how to capture the features of my characters (without losing the shape of the character) along with the mood that they were in and the expressions that they were known for.

After the realistic face drawing project, I was able to see a significant increase in my followers count on the social networking sites. I received a few requests on classes. Since after the project I was confident about face drawing, I wanted to create video tutorial on whatever I have learnt from the 50-character-portrait exercise. It took me about 4 months, January till April, 2018 to create the video tutorial.

This is my tribute to the die-hard fans of GOT worldwide. I am displaying few of my works for your perusal.

Hodor

untitled_by_ramyawrites_dexqj28-fullview.jpg

When he said hold the door, when his love for the kid Arya overshadowed his thoughts for himself, and when he became all sacrificial and was ready to give his life for the sake of the kid, yes I couldn’t control my tears like you guys couldn’t!

Ygritte

untiddtled_by_ramyawrites_dexqj24-fullview.jpg

When the naughty beauty said, we should have never left the cave….. Yes my heart bled..

Missandei

unfftitled_by_ramyawrites_dexqj22-fullview.jpg

One of the trivial characters, which was later proved to be non-trivial, which reminds us of positivism, trust and loyalty. Each time I looked at her I wonder, how beautiful she was.

Greyworm

untitlffed_by_ramyawrites_dexqj25-fullview.jpg

How can we ignore the mellow untold love between the passerby couples… They may have been introduced as supportive roles, but their characters were strengthened as the story progressed.

Jorah Mormont

dexqj1z-c7c65771-c083-4e43-a99b-e7a35e08c1a4.png

He always reminds me of the unrequited painful love he had/has for Khaleesi.

Ned Stark
untitldded_by_ramyawrites_dexqj27-fullview.jpg

A very loyal, true and trusting hand of the king. We know how the world values loyalty! We know the price we may have to incur for being smart.

Samuel Tully
uddntitled_by_ramyawrites_dexqj21-fullview.jpg

The director of Game of Thrones always challenges us by manipulating us into liking the characters that don’t fit the physical attributes of a hero, indirectly hitting us hard with the fact that physical attributes have nothing to do with being a hero.

Olenna Martell
untifftled_by_ramyawrites_dexqj23-fullview.jpg

The beauty of Game of Thrones is how all the trivial characters play such important roles and attribute to such interesting turn of events. You all know what I am talking about. We may be very speculative about this character, we may not know what really happened at the purple wedding. Our suspicion may have no grounds but we all have the same doubt isn’t it ?

Oberyn Martell
untddditled_by_ramyawrites_dexqj20-fullview.jpg

He volunteered himself to fight on behalf of our favorite fellow Tyrion Lannister. After Oberyn Martell was crushed to death by the Hound, my brother said something that hit me very hard. He said that the actions of a person is more important the intention of a person. Oberyn paid a huge price for being a little careless around in the field. He may have had high moral values and pure intentions but his wrong actions paved way to his death.

Back