This Nifty

JStarr

This is what musical notes "look like" when played into water in a bowl. This is how the notes... shimmer and move in water.

1688138961040.png

Thanks for sharing, fascinating. Does the "O" in AO stand for octave?
Okay. <*shrug*> I don't understand music other than I can now get the bass does what it does where it does and the guitar twangs like it does where it does: 'Cause that just goes there.

Used to bother me- how does a musician know what sound to put where? Then I realized: Same way I know where to put this blue, that peach, the darkest green, the lightest cream: It just goes there.

But I don't understand notes, octaves, meter, flats, sharps, und so weiter und so fort.

It's exactly that. When you know the language of music (whether learned by a teacher or self-taught), you get an instinct or a feeling of knowing what to play and where to play it. That can be with others (like in collaborating or "jamming") or writing a song by yourself. Or even just noodling (practicing) on your own. Does that make sense?

Notes are specific vibrations. Flats are slightly below, sharps are slightly above, Octaves are like whole steps or intervals in either direction, and meter is just the timing (fast or slow). Or it can mean the time signature, which can also mean the "feel."

Back