The Vyne (Reworked)

Arnie

I posted this last year and have since done some rework on it following suggestions made. I've calmed down the whiteness of the water, improved the tree reflections, and added some dark to the building to bring it fwd slightly.
Impasto Oil on canvas board 16x12 inches. C&C welcomed. Thanks for looking Arnie.
mini-TheVyneReworked.JPG

Wow - this is really beautiful! Your blues are so nicely varied. I love this entire scene! My only nitpick would be the horizon line of the building - not the water or bank, since that meanders naturally.

I don't recall seeing the first one you posted, but I'd say everything you did with your palette was an improvement. :) Beautiful job!

Wow - this is really beautiful! Your blues are so nicely varied. I love this entire scene! My only nitpick would be the horizon line of the building - not the water or bank, since that meanders naturally.

I don't recall seeing the first one you posted, but I'd say everything you did with your palette was an improvement. :) Beautiful job!
Thanks Terri. In realty the waters edge is dead straight and parallel to the building - I overemphasized bushes that were there to suggest the meandering, and chose the viewpoint to help. Would agree the building line could do with a fix also - it does glare a bit!

I agree with Terry, and the blues are brilliant. It's a stunning piece overall! Congratulations. :)

Thanks Wayne, JoeIt, Jo, Ayin, Donna and Anne - much appreciated. I like to see saturated blue on water in a painting, but have probably pushed it a bit too far in this one.

It's all wonderful-the water, the vegetation along side it, the sky, the depth and distance. One nit, the building's roofline. (y)(y)

It's all wonderful-the water, the vegetation along side it, the sky, the depth and distance. One nit, the building's roofline. (y)(y)
Thanks ntl - I added a highlight to the roof, thought it was odd, and then convinced myself it was the lead flashing so left it, cel a vie.

Back