The Vyne (NT)

Arnie

The house is set back from a very long rectangular lake which ive attempted to disguise with the view point and overhanging shrubs. For me this one was all about the fg reflections. After finishing it I waited a week before doing some touch ups to the reflections, but I’m sill not entirely happy with them.
C&C Appreciated, Thanks for looking. Arnie
Oil/Impasto/Brush/Glaze on canvas board 16x12 inches.
mini-TheVyne_5.JPG

It's coming off very black on my monitor but that could be the settings. I like how the house sits back.

The light on the water is brilliant. I love the crystal blue colors and the little patches of dark pink flowers. Beautiful! :) ♥️

Arnie, the impasto texture keeps me coming back to look at this one. It's beautiful

The treatment of the water surface conveys movement well and the reflections suggest a clear bright day. The darkest values are looking very black with a little green, perhaps the photo is not showing the color temp.

Arnie, glad you're here!
You've given movement to the water. My monitor is showing the reflections to be black also. The bright patches --the greens and pinks--seem to "ground" this for me. I really like that "less than perfectly formed" tree!

Very nice painting. Fading the house set it back and brings out the water. Well done! ❤️

The house is set back from a very long rectangular lake which ive attempted to disguise with the view point and overhanging shrubs. For me this one was all about the fg reflections. After finishing it I waited a week before doing some touch ups to the reflections, but I’m sill not entirely happy with them.
C&C Appreciated, Thanks for looking. Arnie
Oil/Impasto/Brush/Glaze on canvas board 16x12 inches.
View attachment 12815
Beautiful and mysterious

Thanks Enyaw, Artyczar, Bee, Donna, Barrie, Trier, ntl, Snowball, Jo, and Mary - much appreciated.
I'm going to do some rework on the reflections. The black is mainly pthalo green with red, however I did mix in a touch of ivory black when i was finishing off - think that has pushed it too far. I will repost an update later.
thanks again Arnie

Back