The Reason for Art galleries

mill

I have updated my BLOG after some time not using it at all. A few thoughts here you may be intrested in.
BLOG

I agree with you, nothing beats seeing the original. I have enjoyed visiting van Gogh's work in Amsterdam and closer to me in Chicago.
Sometimes when I see my own work on the computer, I can be a little disheartened. They just don't have the color and life when on the screen, let alone scale. and I do take time to get good photo's with a dslr and color correct them to be as close to the real thing as possible.
I also am happy that you are posting on a blogspot. I have one as well, and before facebook and instagram took over, it was very fun to make the rounds and visit everyone's blog's. I think that was the golden age of talking about art online, at least it was for me. Blogs and wetcanvas taught me so much.
Anyway, be well,
Kyle

Always best to see originals and especially if you can see it in a reasonable facsimile of the light in which it was painted. I've groused enough about poor quality of reproduction, and while it has improved from 50 years ago, it is certainly WAY below the quality easily possible for a few bucks more. Yes, I've had that same experience of being startled by how much different in size the real pix are. I do love being able to get close to the real thing, look at it from every angle and truly see the technique and the strokes. Agree on those headphone divas; they can be quite obnoxious.

Back