The Pianist Played On ...

Enyaw

namuh
31.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. alla prima .. knife .. painted Dec 22/21
I don't know where to put this one so, I put it here. It is not abstract/contemporary.

Thank you Ayin and Lazarus
.. it is much more beautiful. The dark silhouettes of the minstrel on the piano and the standing beggar are painted in transparent purple and blues so the camera cannot catch the interplay.

Such drama! Very energetic painting with a story to tell. (BTW, what constitutes a contemporary painting anyway? I understand the concept of abstract but not contemporary.)

what constitutes a contemporary painting anyway
I am not sure .. I always thought it was outside the box, other than the norm .. I looked it up and got this and I guess then this is contemporary in that person's view; Ayin, I'm sure, has the right definition.

Contemporary art is often about ideas and concerns, rather than solely the aesthetic (the look of the work). Artists try different ways of experimenting with ideas and materials.

I'd go with that dictionary definition as a base, but it can of course be a lot broader than that. It's also a way to differentiate it from traditional work, and it's also more broad than that too. ;)

I looked at it for a while then got up and looked from the doorway, I think it is brilliant:)

Thank you Ayin

Thanks Laf. I just wish it were 6 ft to show the translucent colours more in the shadows.

Love it Wayne.❤️ ❤️
Are you sure that's not Darrell? (That's from a commercial here in the US about Bigfoot, in case you are puzzled. ;)

Thank you Perry. A keeper for sure.

Thanks Sno. Can't say I ever heard of Darrell. Have heard of Bigfoot though.

Back