The Passage

Enyaw

namuh
lake.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. study based on atmospheric distance and of course color.
I use a black and white as a reference and make up my color as I go along. I find I usually end up with a completely different painting that what I saw in the colored picture.

Looks good Wayne. Nice comp and values.
Is it a black and white photo you use for reference or something else

Thank you Perry.
I take a photo and turn it into a notan. In doing so I end up with larger value shapes and then I pull things out of the shapes that my imagination sees. If that makes sense. Tomorrow I will post the painting and the reference photo so you can see what I am getting at. I don't paint the photo or mangled photo as it becomes a stepping stone for my imagination. I purposely use colours that may be outside the realm of what is seen by the naked eye.

Thanks Arty,
It's contemporary at best. Actually I like to think I am Post Impressionist as I have my own style and use different colorings for effect. I never know where to put things but my idea of abstract is non objective and that is not me. I think contemporary fits better but not correctly.

Thank you Sno.
Just looked up contemporary and I don't fit there either.
😳🙃😤😳🤕🗑

View attachment 12287
11 x 14 oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. study based on atmospheric distance and of course color.
I use a black and white as a reference and make up my color as I go along. I find I usually end up with a completely different painting that what I saw in the colored picture.
Lovely, really like the foreground and sky - the trees are not too shabby either - I just like the other bits better :)

I agree Wayne. As long as you post it. I was just checking because I thought you usually posted in landscapes for work a bit like this. ...Making sure I didn't have to use my moderator powers to move it. ;)

Nice composition Wayne. Very descriptive title that takes us on a journey through the passage.

I guess when you are working in a style that is all your own, you sometimes don't "fit" into any previous category. I enjoy your work no matter where you choose to post it.

Very nice Wayne with a wonderful lead in and that captured depth is super!! Another winner...you are on a roll.
(y)
John

thank you Terri and John .. Iain and Zen .. keep forgetting about the people who pin a button but don't comment .. their pins are appreciated as well as comments.

Back