The "Goats Horn"

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi Folks, it has been quite a while. Life has been full of turmoil and confusion, bleh. Anyways, this is the first time I've put pastel to paper in maybe three months, I missed it but was not up to the challenge before.
So, PleinAir, Senneliers on Pastelmat, about 24x 30. The photo is slightly cropped. It's Kozji Rat, or the Goats Horn, one of the peaks nearby. I may do a studio piece, but need to unpack my art gear.

IMG_084755-KozjiRat2.jpg

Sorry about the turmoil and confusion but it's nice to know that you're painting again, Murray. This is gorgeous and I love the softness of the sky. Looks like you have more than enough good info for a studio piece!

Glad that you're back to painting again, Murray! I really like this, it's dramatic and there is a real sense of scale. I just looked at pictures of this area and I can see why you were inspired 🙂

Sorry about the turmoil and confusion but it's nice to know that you're painting again, Murray. This is gorgeous and I love the softness of the sky. Looks like you have more than enough good info for a studio piece!
Thanks Donna, appreciate the thoughts. There was a haze in the sky that softened the usual solid blue. I agree it adds depth. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Glad that you're back to painting again, Murray! I really like this, it's dramatic and there is a real sense of scale. I just looked at pictures of this area and I can see why you were inspired 🙂
Hi Triduana. Thanks. It's nice to paint again. It's a peak above Mimice on the coast. I could work from the terrace so less setup issues. Big bit of rock.

Good to see you, Murray! Oddly, we were just chatting in another thread about people being busy lately and not around.

This is a beauty! Your sky is phenomenal!

Good to see you, Murray! Oddly, we were just chatting in another thread about people being busy lately and not around.

This is a beauty! Your sky is phenomenal!
Thanks for the comment, appreciated. Well I would not have called it busy but it sidelined me.

Back