Thanks To Trufflecat

Trier

Supporting Member
This is thanks (or maybe a punishment) to Susan for letting me use her painting 'Cape Night' as an inspiration for an abstract.

This is not exactly what I had in mind at first as things kept changing as I went along; plus my hand is getting shakier, and a lousy photo to boot, but hey, there's always the chance to make a second, better, version.

22 x 23 ins acrylic/paper
P1010065ThanksToTruffelcat.JPG

I didn't notice the difference in values between the right and left parts of the sky until the photo.

Thank you Susan.

Very interesting and quite abstract. I can see an orbiting swirl and sun? Shooting stars and either a building or a train. I suppose the whole thing is subject to interpretation. (y) ❤️

I like the feeling of space here. It reminds me of the sun, yet of the way black holes work...it's interesting for sure. Good job. :)

Wow, Trier I just saw this. I am honored! It is very exciting and dramatic. Not sure if that's the sun or the moon but it's a great focal point for the abstraction. And your sky with the black "holes" in it is just great. Thanks so much for doing this. I like it a lot.

sno - Sun, stars, moon,buildings, train, black holes(square) + whatever you see, it's all there and more, depending, as you say on "interpretation". Thanks a load.

Arty - Pretty close to what I was feeling about those mind boggling distortions by gravity in the fabric of time-space that astronomers talk about. Thanks.

Joe - Glad you like it joe.

Susan -
Thanks to you Susan, I'm very glad it meets with your approval. This motif is sort of growing on me and may become a mini series.
Here are a couple of quick thoughts about it.

P1010068TCATinvert.JPG

P1010067TCATsaint.JPG

used Duralar to try out the variation - going to try more.

Hey Trier, you certainly managed to convey that darkish atmosphere of the universe, or maybe just a small spot on our planet, or maybe another star. Whatever…. I think I for one am felling what hopefully you wanted the viewer to feel.

Hey Trier, you certainly managed to convey that darkish atmosphere of the universe, or maybe just a small spot on our planet, or maybe another star. Whatever…. I think I for one am felling what hopefully you wanted the viewer to feel.
Right on, Nufocus. We are on the same page on this one, thanks a lot.

How amazing it is that you can start with an idea and develop it as you go along. That's so different from the "have the finished painting in your head before you start" mentality. I love the other-worldly feel of these, Trier!

Back