studios

In my case, wherever I can find a few square feet to set up. More like work stations, in this case a table top in front of a north window, with an overhead light:

My studio.jpg

A table-top easel mounted to an opposite wall, for stand-up work:

1634483853177.jpeg

1634483896396.jpeg

1634483993712.jpeg

In the next room, a desk-top computer with high-res Dell monitor for image editing:

1634484152555.jpeg

That's it, cramped but it works. I did not clean up, no dust bunnies were disturbed for this production.

Yay!!!! Thanks for posting your space! I love it. I like how everyone makes it work--big or small, cramped or roomy, neat or messy. We are doing what we can to make art! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Inktober area - table in bedroom. Old potato laptop is ready to look up reference images! (I beat that old guy into the ground playing Minecraft over many years, he has a missing W key and is very very slow now - but still loved)
inktober.png

battlestation.png

Digital art battlestation. New laptop (well new-ish, xmas gift 2 years ago) and drawing tablet. My most treasured possessions. If there was a fire I would save these before myself

acrylic-sfoot-wip.png

anything else generally has to be done on the floor.

None of my spaces are ideal but I make do. Natural light has always been A PROBLEM because all windows are north facing but I recently bought a clip-on bendy light thing that can attach to the easel and do full light spectrum. (It's "supposed" to be for doing nails and beauty stuff hahaha... improvise adapt overcome!)

Looks good, at least you have space to walk around. Looks like a work area where things get done. I see that lady's portrait you posted. (y)

Looks good, at least you have space to walk around. Looks like a work area where things get done. I see that lady's portrait you posted. (y)
Yes, I just have to watch not to trip over anything, ha ha ;) My nest stup is to get more control of the light, the roof window and there is a large window to the right outside of the image frame.

To the back, is my wifes corner of the studio.

There is also a smaller room where the kids have their stuff.

We were very lucky to find this space in the city, and for a relatively cheap rent. The previous artist who had the studio was our daughters teacher.

It's cement, yes? You can always scrape and paint it? You look pretty neat and tidy anyway. I am too.

It's cement, yes? You can always scrape and paint it? You look pretty neat and tidy anyway. I am too.
It's a plastic carpet of some sort. Not sure what is underneath. I am tidy, other parts of the family... not so much, haha.

Its not much but here's my work space. The easel is blocking the door into the room so it and the box of paints get moved out of the way when I'm not working. Also in the summer the chair with the heater is switched out for a fan.
20211126_120407.jpg

Love it wirfi! I have a bigger room too, but can't seem to make it work in the same way, perhaps because I have too much furniture in it, and they are all big pieces. Is your computer desk in this room as well???

This is one of my studios today, and the project I've been working on for several months: A Paperweight Afghan designed by Dorothy Neidhart. The hexes are finally almost finished. Now to sew it together and put an edging on it.
If i get into the oil painting studio today, I'll add a photo of it.

thumbnail_IMG_6692.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6693.jpg

Love it wirfi! I have a bigger room too, but can't seem to make it work in the same way, perhaps because I have too much furniture in it, and they are all big pieces. Is your computer desk in this room as well???
Hello! No, the studio is on the other side of town and my computer space is at home. Since I work as a webdeveloper by day I have to much computer stuff ;)

Since the pandemic hit I've been working from home and brought a lot of stuff home from the office, adding company tech to my private tech.

However a lot of my drawing, ink and watercolour stuff is at home too besides my desk. Also a lot of penpal stuff, fountain pens and so on.

Back