Still learning to draw and paint

AES

hi

Yet another one from Wet Canvas here.

Still wanting to learn to draw better and learn to paint.
https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/i-can-sort-of-draw-but-now-i-want-to-paint/

Mostly in acrylic, but I'm always trying stuff, so expect to see me everywhere lol.

In order of most to least used are:

• Pen and paper
  • Acrylic paint
  • Gouache
  • Colored India ink
  • Regular and water miscible oils
  • Watercolor
  • Dry media like colored pencils and graphite, which I'm trying to nudge myself back into because it's easier to practice in those.

A question: is there a place on here for Art Journals/scrapbooks? This is mine from that other site. I found it a good place for me to see my stuff online without cluttering up the main feeds with random junk:D Not sure why, but seeing it posted somewhere helps me learn.

Hi AES. Welcome to the site. I have no problem making a Journal Forum. That's a good idea. Hopefully, more people will post there too. Don't forget to take advantage of all the forums though. ;)

Again, welcome aboard!

Still wanting to learn to draw better and learn to paint.
A noble and worthy pursuit. Somehow, it continues to elude me!
Anyway, I'm new here also; we're in good company here :)

Welcome to Creative Spark, AES! It sounds like you have a healthy interest in all types of media. I hope to see your work in several forums here!

So yes, just get comfortable with your journals/sketches and, most importantly, have fun here. :)

That's some really interesting stuff. The experiments! You painted with makeup powder!?? whaa?! :D

We have much in common (alongside executive function challenge). I'm working on improving drawing and acrylic painting too.

Reactions: AES
Back