South of 62

Ayin Es

Site Owner
Admin
Sorry I've been absent from the forum lately. It's because I was working on finishing this painting. It is a 60 x 40-inch oil on canvas. I can't believe it's finally done.
Thanks for looking!
-Ayin/Artyczar

southof62-72.jpg

Wow! 60 x 40 is huge! It's really beautiful; abstract and very real at the same time. You deserve to be really proud of this one, Ayin. It's incredible!

That is big! Probably quite an investment of oil paint on a surface that large. Does the road hold significance to you?

That is large. Must be a lot of dashes and dot to complete that. Hope it does well for you. I assume it i for your show.

Mazel tov! I love your choice of colours. Are the dots random, or do they all correspond to real trees and shrubs on the map?

This must be quite spectacular IRL. At first I interpreted the gray background as a world being paved over, and then my eyes "made" the spots into trees, signs of life sprouting up through the pavements. Love the multicolored buildings. They give a whimsical and abstract feel to the whole painting. This must have been a LOT of work to do!

Yay, it's finally done! Congrats on getting to the finish line. It looks amazing! It is going to be a show stopper next fall.

Excellent work, Ayin. ❤️

Wow 😳 thank you everyone so very much ❤️. I am absolutely exhausted today and am taking the day off to rest. Please excuse my absence. I really appreciate all of your support and wonderful words. This started with a real reference of a road nearby my house and I obviously changed a lot for aesthetic reasons. I let the painting dictate how it wanted to be. ☺️

Now I have to work on another 24x30 that needs all of the dots too, but I'll start on that tomorrow. Maybe.

Oh, and after that, another one from scratch, also a 24x30. 😜 Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Thank you Terri ♥️. I am curious to see them all together too. The big one goes on its own wall in the show.

Wonderful ! Really grabs attention from this photo distance. Makes me want to get close and investigate textures, paint application, all those painters queries. Trying to picture your methods /process on such a large piece. Is canvas stretched, hanging? Stepladder or stool? Whew, you certainly need a rest.
Really amazing!

Thank you, Patrick. The canvas is stretched, and I used a little step stool. I had to work on it horizontally because it wouldn't fit in my room vertically, like so:

south0f625-72.jpg

As I got lower on the canvas, it got a bit easier on my back...sorta. I was only able to sit when I was to the left of the canvas and closer to the palette, otherwise I had to walk back and forth a lot and do a lot of reaching.

Here is a detail while in progress:

south0f626-detail.jpg

Back